Hello, my name is Joshua Michael Hughes. I have over fifteen years of experience in the field of Information Systems. Throughout my career I have worked with Windows, Linux, and Unix Operating Systems, and Windows and LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) hosting environments. I have worked with Dell, HP, and Sun Microsystems servers, and Dell, HP, and Cisco networking equipment. I began my career as a Technical Support representative and excelled into Systems Administration, Systems Analysis, Systems Integration, and Design. I have also worked as a Web Application Developer and have designed web applications in ColdFusion and PHP.
Currently I am working in Public Health as a Distributed Computer Systems Administrator, and recently graduated Florida SouthWestern State College with an AS in Computer Programming and Analysis. As a Distributed Computer Systems Administrator I function as the IT Administrator and Management Information Systems Program Manager. I am responsible for budget, project planning, daily operations and Supervision of the Management Information Systems program.
In addition to my technical skills and expertise in Information Systems, I am devoted to improving my leadership, planning, and communication skills. I have completed numerous hours of leadership development and coaching, and continue my studies of Quality Improvement methodologies. I have studied the Institute for Healthcare Improvement’s model for Quality Improvement and have accomplished Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification.
I am a husband, and I am a father to four children. In our free time we enjoy outdoor activities. When we’re not working or going to school you will most likely find us camping, hiking, fishing, or four wheeler riding.
I love technology and all the Awesome stuff you can do with it. I am great at solving puzzles and for that reason I am strong in Project Planning and systems analysis and design. I plan to continue working with my strengths by seeking further development in Project Planning and Service Delivery.
I am seeking employment that would empower me to analyze current systems, plan for future expansion, and design and implement new and improved Information Systems.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of distributed processing operations, procedures, and equipment.
- Knowledge of problem solving techniques.
- Knowledge of computers and software.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of computer programming and/or computer systems analysis.
- Ability to process information logically and solve problems.
- Ability to develop training programs related to distributed processing operations and procedures.
- Ability to monitor and resolve problems with distributed computer systems components.
- Ability to identify and define user task needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to supervise people.
- Ability to write, code, test and debug computer programs.
- Ability to write technical data processing reports.
- Microsoft Windows Desktop ( 2.0 – 10)
- Microsoft Windows Server (NT4.0 – 2012 [Standard,Web,Enterprise])
- Gentoo Linux
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5.0
- Fedora Core (6-14) (Gnome/KDE)
- PuppyLinux (Slacko)
- Solaris (2,8-10)
- ColdFusion 4.0
- ColdFusion MX7
- Visual Basic
- Microsoft SQL (2000-2012)