This course introduces the analysis, design, implementation, and control of information systems. Students study the system development lifecycle in depth. The course includes topics on methods of information storage and retrieval, forms design and control, system testing and security, and the software systems development process. Topics examined include cost/benefit analysis, and software design and development, and data security.
- Business processes analysis
- Systems requirement modeling
- Systems lifecycle management
- Open connectivity
- Database management systems investigation
- Organizational impact of data security